Being part of a motor vehicle accident is every bit as dangerous and complex as it sounds. In fact, if you find yourself in this position, you may soon realize that your life will never be the same.
It’s imperative that you understand how to effectively communicate with your car insurance company. This means many things, including avoiding these common mistakes:
- Don’t feel pressured to provide a written or recorded statement that could be used against you in the future
- Don’t sign anything until you know what it says and how it will impact your situation
- Don’t accept the first offer from your car insurance company, as they could be trying to low ball you in an attempt to put your claim in the past
- Don’t forget that your policy has time limits
- Don’t let your car insurance company get away with not living up to its legal obligations as outlined in your policy
It’s easy to believe that you can avoid these car insurance claim mistakes, but you’ll soon find that you have a lot going on during this difficult time of your life. For this reason, it’s possible that you could lose sight of what you should and shouldn’t be doing.
As long as you understand your policy and legal rights, you’ll find yourself in position to make informed and confident decisions. You’ll also know what it takes to protect yourself and receive the compensation you deserve.
There may be some challenges standing in your way, but there’s nothing so advanced that you won’t be able to figure it out, especially with the guidance of an experienced personal injury attorney.
Source: FindLaw, “Car Insurance Claims: Dos and Don’ts,” accessed Jan. 11, 2018